Terms of service
The boring legal stuff. Nobody likes it, but it’s here to protect us all. So here are the terms and conditions governing the use of our services.
Payments and Your Account
1. After you sign up with WP Saracen, we will start providing the service that you signed up for within 72 hours of receiving your completed New Member Information Form, though we strive to do so much sooner.
2. Service is provided on a pay-as-you-go basis. An Auto Renew feature is provided for your convenience, to avoid having your account lapse. If you allow your account to lapse, service will stop after a short grace period. You are free to start your service back up at any time, without penalty, by simply signing up again and paying for your next term of service.
3. If you are not content with the service you have received, you are more than welcome to contact us about a refund.
4. You may upgrade your account at any time, by registering for the plan you want on the sign up page.
5. We reserve the right to cancel your service, at any time, without warning and without needing to disclose the reason for our decision.
1. WP Saracen cannot be held liable for hardware or service failures that cause data loss, damage to equipment or the interruption of services.
2. In order to effectively serve you, WP Saracen must be afforded full access to your WordPress site, your web server and any other associated accounts. WP Saracen makes every effort to ensure the safety of your data, but cannot be held liable for loss or damage resulting from unauthorized access. If you change your passwords, please let us know as soon as possible to avoid service interruptions.
3. In order to provide scheduled off-site backups, we have several enterprise grade services that we can employ. Several factors can limit their ability to do their job, such as very large sites, which are hard to transport off-site, or issues with scheduling WordPress cron tasks. We will do our best to configure a service for your site, but it may be out of our capabilities. If so, we may be able to provide on-site backups, or you may opt to continue service without the backups.
4. You may not alter the settings of any maintenance plugin that we install (such as performing more backups than your plan allows). Any adjustments made to the plugin’s settings may result in termination of your service and recovery of any back charges for additional storage costs incurred by us.
5. In order to provide some of the services to you, WP Saracen relies on third-party systems, which are out of our control. As such, WP Saracen cannot be held liable for interruptions to these services and inability for us to utilize these services on your website.
6. If desired, an estimate of the time required to complete a requested development task may be provided. You may also request that WP Saracen does not exceed an allotted budget (in which case, work will cease whether complete or not), or you give permission for WP Saracen to complete the work, no matter how long it takes. If a task is going to take longer than the previously estimated time, we will always notify you and explain the reason for the difference.
7. Upon cancellation of service, backups will be deleted from our off-site storage and third-party services will be stopped.
8. Development time cannot be rolled over from one billing period to the next. If your development time is not used during your current billing period, it shall be forfeited and may not be used. No credit shall be given for unused development time.
9. No guarantee is made that any particular premium plugin shall be available at any given time, nor is the availability of a plugin at one point in time any indication that it will be available at a future point in time. Premium plugins that are installed on your site may not be eligible for support or updates if WP Saracen decides not to keep up the license.
10. Malware scans are performed using a third-party. While it is good at finding potential malware issues, no guarantee is made that it will find any and all malware that could be installed on your site. If malware is found, you will be informed as soon as possible to arrange for its removal.